HomeAdvantage® is a program that works with people living with chronic conditions such as Congestive Heart Failure and Chronic Lung Disease. Chronic conditions are health conditions that go on for a long time and become a part of everyday life. Living with chronic conditions can influence the way we think and how we interact with the world around us. It can be challenging to get the information and resources we need to live our best lives.
The HomeAdvantage® Program helps people get non-medical services that support their health and wellness. People in this program work closely with a Care Coordinator. A Care Coordinator is a person whose job it is to help people get the most out of their healthcare by helping to share information and connect people with services. HomeAdvantage® is designed to help people create a plan that focuses on their personal health goals. We do this by learning how health conditions can cause problems in our lives. Then we work on supporting and encouraging independence, both medically and in daily life.
What should I expect?
- A Care Coordinator will come visit you in your home and be your guide for the next 60 days
- You will complete screening surveys that help us find out what might be affecting your health
- We will work together to create specific goals
- Your Care Coordinator will keep in touch over the phone
- Your 60 days will end with another home visit where you and your Care Coordinator will work to create your plan going forward
What can HomeAdvantage® do for me?
- Personalized Care Coordination for 60 days both in home and by phone
- Rides to medical appointments
- Home Delivered Meals
- Assessment and Education on Falls Risk
- And More, including; health education, help finding exercise or nutrition groups, referral to Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs, referrals to short and long term mental health supports, referral for help with minor home repairs, and advance care planning
What is HomeAdvantage® hoping for in the long run?
- More healthy days at home
- More knowledge about medical and non-medical resources
- More community connections
- More confidence in working with healthcare providers
Who is eligible?
- People enrolled in specific Medicare Advantage Plans** in Snohomish County
- AND have one or more designated chronic conditions
- AND have had one or more Hospital visits in the last 12 months
**Eligibility is determined by health insurance plan. If you are eligible, you should receive a letter from your insurance provider letting you know. If you think you should be eligible, but aren’t sure, please contact us through email or by phone.