Food and Nutrition Services
Meals on Wheels offers nutritious meals for homebound older adults and people with disabilities. The delicious frozen meals are easy to heat and are delivered directly to your home each week by caring and compassionate staff and volunteers.
Interested in receiving meals?
Eligibility Criteria– To be eligible a person must be:
- Homebound with limited personal support
- Unable to prepare their own meals
- Unable to perform routine activities of daily living
- Age 60 or older (younger people may qualify if all other criteria are met)
Delicious, hearty meals are dished up throughout Snohomish County for older adults who are 60+. In addition to enjoying a nutritious meal, participants get together with friends, take part in lively and interesting activities, and receive help finding needed services.
Guests are welcome to enjoy a meal with you!
- Spouses can be included for a $3 suggested donation (or whatever you can afford).
- Anyone living at your home with a disability is also welcome to enjoy their meal for a $3 suggested donation (or whatever you can afford).
- Other family and friends can enjoy their meal for $7.50.
- Donations are confidential and can be made with cash, check or Basic Food Program voucher (food stamps).
- Click here for meal site locations and schedule.
The Washington State Basic Food Program is often referred to as “food stamps” or “SNAP.” The goal of this program is to reduce hunger and malnutrition by providing people with financial help to buy groceries.
You are not alone! At this time, 11 percent of Washington residents participate in the Basic Food Program.
Basic food benefits can be used at any grocery store, convenience store, or farmer’s market that accepts EBT.
The easiest way to apply for food assistance is to contact us at 425.347.1229 or 800.824.2183. You can also email your name and phone number to email@example.com and we will contact you.
Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program
Providing eligible seniors with fresh fruits and vegetables from local markets.
This program is only active during the Spring.