Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program
Providing eligible seniors with fresh fruits and vegetables from local markets.
The Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program is here!
Applications are available now!
- To get a hard copy of the application mailed to you, please call the Snohomish County LTCA referral line at (425) 388-7393.
- If you need help completing the form, please call Homage Aging and Disability Resource Network at (425) 513-1900 to speak with someone.
- Your completed application MUST be postmarked by June 12 to be eligible. Mailing instructions will be on the application form.
- English Language Application 2020
- Chinese Language Application_2020
- Korean Language Application 2020
- Russian Language Application 2020
- Spanish Language Application 2020
- Tagalog Language Application 2020
- Vietnamese Language Application 2020
Eligibility for $40 worth of checks:
- Age 60+ for non-Native Americans
- Age 55+ for Native Americans
- Low income
- Up to $1,967 or less if you live alone
- Up to $2,658 or less for a household of two
- Add $691 for each additional person in the household
2020 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program Frequently Asked Questions
How does the program work?
Answer: If older adults meet the eligibility requirements, they simply complete and submit a 2020 application. Applications are available from local senior centers, Homage Senior Services, and on our agency website www.homage.org. Applications must be mailed to: Senior Farmers Market Program, Long Term Care and Aging 3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 305 Everett, WA 98201 and postmarked by May 26, 2020 to be considered. All applications will be entered into a random selection process. Checks will be mailed to the selected applicants by June 28. Selected applicants will receive 10 -$4 checks ($40 total) valid until October 31, 2020. These checks may be used at authorized farmers markets and farm stands to purchase locally grown fresh fruits, vegetables, honey, and herbs. If your application was not selected, we will send you a postcard by July 8 letting you know.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Answer: In order to participate, the individual must meet the following requirements:
- Be 60 years of age or older by June 1, 2020 (or 55+ if Native American /Alaska Native)
- Be a resident of Snohomish County.
- Have a monthly income of $1,967 or less if you live alone, $2,658 or less for a household of two add $691 for each addition person in the household
What if the older adult will turn 60 after June 1, 2020?
Answer: The older adult must be 60 years of age at the time of application. If his/her birthday occurs between June 1 and October 31, they are welcome to submit an application on his/her birthday, however, it is highly unlikely there will be any checks available after June 1.
What if the individual is younger than 60, but disabled?
Answer: We are sorry; to be eligible, individuals must be at least 60 years of age at the time of application.
What if the individual lives with others and the household income is more than the eligible amount, but the individual receives $1,967 or less themselves. Is the individual eligible?
Answer: We are sorry; the income eligibility levels are based on the income of the entire household. If the combined household income is more than the amount listed above, the individual is not eligible.
When/how will the checks be mailed?
Answer: Checks will be mailed to the individuals selected in the random selection process by June 28.
What if the older adult is homebound or too frail to redeem their checks?
Answer. The older adult may designate someone to shop for him/her at the farmers market or farm stand.
Where can older adults use the checks?
Answer: A list of authorized farmers markets and farm stands will be included with the checks in the mail.
What about lost or stolen checks?
Answer: Be very careful when handling these checks –they are just like cash! Unfortunately, we are not able to replace lost or stolen checks. Please forward information regarding lost/stolen checks because we monitor to see if they have been redeemed.