Home Help Volunteer Opportunities
At Homage, we are dedicated to keeping our older adults living independently and safely in their homes. Our home helper volunteer programs make this possible. Through these programs, volunteers can lend a hand to older adults to assist with minor home repair, yard work, and housekeeping.
Requirements: Required background check. Some experience with older adults. A commitment of 4 hours each month.
- Friends of Veterans: Provide weekly visits to lonely and isolated senior veterans and help in the Hero’s Café, a monthly social group for a veteran-run in partnership with Verdant Community Wellness Center in Lynnwood.
- Home Helpers: Conduct minor home repairs in client’s home throughout Snohomish County. Occasionally assist staff on work orders and projects.
- Minor Home Repair: Volunteers assess repair needs and if licensed/ bonded, assist in the health and safety repairs.
- Senior Companions: Help seniors stay in their homes by running errands, doing light housekeeping and/or providing companionship with weekly home visits. (Must be 55+ years and meet income limits). More info
- Weekend Warriors: Volunteers provide outside cleanup, inside cleanup and repair services to low-income, isolated seniors in Snohomish County. Great corporate opportunity to serve.