Wellness Volunteer Opportunities
Whether it is helping to maintain a high quality of life and emotional wellness through personal interactions, providing unbiased information about Medicare options, delivering homebound meals to our clients, or assisting in outreach or advocacy – volunteers are needed to help ensure the health and wellness needs of Snohomish County clients and supplement staff efforts.
Requirements: Initial and ongoing training depending on your program of interest and possible age requirements.
- Living Well Leaders: Facilitate 6-week workshops on health topics, including diabetes, pain and other chronic conditions.
- Meals on Wheels: Drivers assist with weekly deliveries to homebound adults in Snohomish County.
- Senior Peer Counseling: Volunteers 55+ provide one-on-one counseling for adults 60 and older who are struggling with life changes, loss, or other emotional issues. No counseling experience necessary. 40 hours of initial training and monthly meetings.
- SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors): Trained to help older adults understand their health insurance options, including private, prescription, and government plans. More info
- Volunteer Drivers: Help those who no longer drive get to their appointments, run errands, and grocery shopping.